What is Hopi Ear Candling?
In ear Candling, the ear canal represents a doorway for the release of stagnant energy Ear Candling has been practiced throughout the ages by the Aztecs, Greeks, Romans, Aborigines and the Hopi Fire Tribe.
- Ear Candling treatments are available in my specially designed therapy room in Arklow, Co. Wicklow. Why not contact me today on 087 9981742 to see if i can service your area.
Ear candles act like a chimney, drawing away the vapour and any impurities from within the ear. This in turn regulates the pressure system within the ear and the head, making the candle treatment suitable for many conditions. The hollow candle is gently placed in the ear and the part furthest from the ear is lit, the burning action of the Hopi ear candle infuses the herbs and essential oils into a vapour, which is drawn into the auditory canal. This performs a massaging function as well as softening and drawing out any impurities.
Wax itself is not pulled from the ear but instead imagine the herbs and oils which have medicinal values which ‘cleanse’s this difficult to reach area with it’s aromatherapy properties.
What can it treat?
Ear candles may not be the first thing that you think of to treat ear, nose and throat problems, however the candles are used to treat many ailments, including migraine and headaches, glue ear in children, catarrh, sore throats, sinusitis, tonsillitis, â€˜flu and excessive ear wax. Below is the list of conditions that Hopi ear candles can alleviate –
Compacted Ear Wax – series of treatments are recommended to loosen and soften built up ear wax
- Glue Ear – Tinnitus & Noises/Ringing in the Ears, Rhinitis, Sinusitis
- Colds, Flu, Sore Throats, Hay Fever, Catarrh, Asthma, Headache, Migraine
- Regulation of Pressure in Ears & Head
- Stimulation of Blood & Energy Flow, Lymphatic System & Metabolic Rate
- Energetic Revitalisation of Hearing Impairment
- Calming and Relaxing in cases of Anxiety and Stress
What Happens during a session?
The therapist directs you comfortably onto a massage bed, where you lie on your side, they then place a candle in the ear and light the end furthest away. Keeping a close eye on you at all times, the therapist is always near you.
The candles are unlike conventional candles and there is no wax and it is never painful. Many clients report a state of complete mental, physical and emotional relaxation, some even fall asleep. Many often comment on feeling a soothing, liberating, light sensation in the ear and head areas. a massage of the lymphatic area around the head, neck, facial areas is performed after… very gently guiding the sinuses to ‘drain’ toward the lymph nodes. This too aids the release of sinus tension and headaches related to common colds etc.
The candle is actually a cotton tube, impregnated with beeswax, honey and therapeutic oils that are painlessly inserted into the ear to draw out impurities relieve pressure in the head and sinuses, and aid hearing problems.
Ear Candling is said to relieve pressure and pain, mainly in the ear and head area. It works on the ear, nose and throat and is most helpful in alleviating blockage in the sinus passages. It is extremely soothing and helpful for many conditions and an effective treatment for children too.
It helps relieve headaches & migraines, loosens compacted earwax, and has even been been found to alleviate snoring!
It is extremely helpful for pressure regulation after following flying or diving, for example. Or for the following benefits:
- Reduces feeling of stress
- Encourages deep physical and mental relaxation
- Acupressure helps to relax facial and scalp muscles, aiding in the release of tension and pain
- A feeling of well being develops, as pain relieving endorphins and the mood enhancing chemical serotonin is released
- Organic essential oils when used, have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, calming, uplifting and soothing
- Anti-Ageing – regenerates and rejuvenates skin and muscle tissue, helping to delay as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Skin tone and texture is also improved, resulting in a smoother, fresher, clearer skin
45 Mins appointment
Arklow : €40.00 – €60.00
Price increases by €1 per minute after original treatment time period has lapsed…
Note: BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT : If you are experiencing pain in the ear / sinus area please consult with a doctor before arranging an appointment. Ear candling is most helpful to alleviate the experience of blocked sinuses. It is not an alternative to syringing the ear to ‘pull out’ candle wax however a course of treatments can help soften, loosen and prepare for the release of wax that has built up excessively in the ear.